Keeping up to date
We all know about the sugar in cakes, cordials, ice cream and biscuits – but food manufacturers cleverly hide it in seemingly healthy foods like muesli bars, flavoured yoghurts, dried fruit, pasta sauces, tinned soups, salad dressings, tomato and barbecue sauces, some deli meats and even sushi.
For Dental Health Week 2020, we’re urging you to get sugar savvy! …
How much sugar is too much sugar?
Look at the sugar content per 100g serving – if it’s more than 15g you should consider looking for an alternative with a lower sugar content. Ideally, look for food and drinks with less than 5g per 100g.
Using the 100g column allows you to make comparison between products – essentially it lets your compare ‘apples with apples’.
7 months ago
-COVID-19 UPDATE –
Yes, we are open!
What does this mean for your dental appointment?
For the safety of our patients and our staff and to help reduce the risk of community spread of the COVID-19 please note we have implemented the following additional precautions:
– Cancelling appointments where:
– you have any cold/ flu like symptoms
– if you have traveled overseas within the last 2 weeks
– you have been in contact with a confirmed or suspected case of COVID-19
Please notify us immediately if this applies to you. Do not come to your appointment.
– Patient’s treatment will be triaged by practice staff on booking
– We request patients only in the clinical treatment area as well as the waiting room – no accompanying persons please.
– You will be queried upon arrival to asses your risk to our staff and other patients.
– Appointments have been lengthened to allow for additional infection control measures both in the surgery and waiting room/ reception area
– We have removed all shared magazines/toys from our waiting room
– Hand sanitizers have been provided for each patient to use on arrival
We appreciate your understanding and cooperation during this difficult time. We will continue to monitor the up-to-date advice from government and health authorities and adapt our operations accordingly to ensure best practice.
The community’s health and safety are of the utmost importance to us.
– The Harter Team …